Mayfield Management Group ("MMG") is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our Edmonton team. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team and be accountable for work order management for various properties within our extensive residential portfolio.
We have the privilege of providing management services for the most important component of a rental property; its community of residents. Our team provides unparalleled service, expertise and good old-fashioned hard work to safeguard and protect property value.
Our promise says it all. "Big enough to serve you, small enough to know you." We take great pride in our wide variety of management services but also in meeting the needs of individual residents and Owners.
The successful incumbent is a motivated, energetic individual with a commitment to providing excellent, world-class service to our clients in a friendly and engaging way. This role will include a heavy focus on appliance repair paired with general day-to-day maintenance tasks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Experience with repair of washers, dryers, fridges, stoves and dishwashers;
- Accurate diagnosis of appliances in order to effectively communicate course of action;
- Order and install necessary parts where required;
- Experience with hot water heating, zone valve and thermostat replacement;
- Skilled execution of caulking and grouting;
- Installation of blinds and light fixtures;
- Repair of doors and windows;
- Plumbing experience an asset;
- Responsible for turn-over maintenance on rental suites;
- Experience with maintenance of boilers, furnaces and hot water tanks;
- Follow up and review of maintenance requests as required;
- Provide timely and accurate answers to site staff, residents and owners regarding any questions/concerns related to maintenance;
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate;
- 2-4 years of maintenance or related experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- Candidate must have excellent time management skills, an ability to prioritize work and be highly organized;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Possess an exceptional customer service philosophy.
The successful applicant must be able to provide a clear, valid Police Information Check and their own transportation with proof of valid Drivers' license.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Mayfield Management Group Ltd however, please note, only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.