Mayfield Management Group Ltd has the following full-time position available:
Residential Community Assistant
We are seeking an individual who is looking to attain a career in property management and who desires a career path that includes a strong educational component. Reporting to the Sr. Property Manager, this position is one of a "Residential Community Manager in Training" and will be responsible for assisting in the operations of multiple residential properties. It will appeal to a responsible individual who enjoys a variety of operations and project management tasks. The Residential Community Assistant will help to carry out the administration and execution of the day-to-day services and strategies in all assigned residential property enterprises.
- Ensure your portfolio of properties is well maintained and managed in accordance with MMG standards and guidelines.
- Foster good resident relations and implement approved programs in accordance with budget guidelines.
- Practice excellent resident relations through regular resident visits to ensure concerns and complaints are dealt with in a timely, professional manner to ensure long-term tenancies.
- Handle resident concerns and inquiries with a goal of 100% satisfaction.
- Ensure all maintenance and repairs are conducted in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Issue purchase orders and assist in the preparation of renovation requests, and the coordination of contractors for same.
- Conduct regular site inspections and move in/out inspections at the property.
- Ensure resident move-ins and move-outs are efficient, timely and diligence on recoveries are ensured.
- Assist with the completion of security deposit statements and charges upon move out.
- Assist with the submission of suite transfer requests, including suite inspections.
- Work with the Resident Community Manager (RCM) and the pest control team in alleviating pest issues in the properties.
- Assist the RCM in ensuring that all maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other landlord's work is completed property and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that buildings are checked daily for cleanliness, in and out, and that they are touched up as required.
- Prepare clean sheets for contractors, oversee their work and complete final market ready inspections.
- Ensure that the property business operations are operating within approved budgets.
- Always working towards the owners' goals and objectives while at the same time providing exceptional customer service.
- Monitor resident receivables and diligently work to collect them with a goal of zero receivables each month.
- Responsible for the leasing processes, lease administration and renewal processes as well as providing a strong leasing feedback loop.
- Provide key input into the marketing program, responsible for "knowing your market" and completing regular comprehensive market surveys and reports.
- Participate in peer coverage of other property portfolios during vacations and absences.
- Ensure compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act in all procedures.
- Ensure local, provincial, & federal laws and regulations are being observed.
- Ensure comprehension and compliance with all MMG policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Property Management or designate.
- Positively embrace the MMG Corporate Values .
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High School Graduate; Post-Secondary Education or industry experience preferred but will train the right candidate.
- Must be proficient in the use of technology, smart phone, computer (Microsoft Office). Knowledge of MRI is an asset.
- Must have flexibility to be on call and work irregular hours if necessary and at short notice as you are responsible to respond to after hours emergencies when needed.
- Candidate must have excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Exceptional analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a high degree of professionalism and possess an exceptional customer service philosophy.
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Appearance must be neat, clean and professional.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver's license.
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment.
Please submit your cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their resume submission, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.