MMG Ltd. is seeking a Property Accountant to join their team
Mayfield Management Group is a unique concept for property management in Alberta. We are a fully licensed, registered, and bonded Real Estate Brokerage specializing in Property, Condominium, and Asset Management.
With more than 30 years in the industry and over 3 billion in assets managed, we can provide our clients with a greater understanding of the property management industry. Our senior management team, with their strong core values, takes a hands-on approach and spends the time to truly understand the long-term objectives for your property, and helps you achieve them.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborating with a professional Finance team to deliver high-quality financial reporting, analysis and advice to a portfolio of high profile business accounts;
- Prepare, examine, and analyze records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and compliance with reporting standards;
- Strive to create new ideas to bring value to our internal and external client experience;
- Liaise with internal staff and clients in addressing concerns and questions;
- Review full-cycle property management accounting (financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting);
- Contribute to the Finance team deliverables including reviewing work prepared by others and providing indirect coaching and support to their peers;
- Leadership and administration over treasury and banking management reporting and allocations.
- Collaborate with external auditors and regulatory bodies.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent;
- 2-5 years experience in full-cycle accounting;
- Experience in the Property Management industry is considered an asset;
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel to generate reports;
- In-depth knowledge of all areas of accounting;
- Strong knowledge of current Canadian accounting standards.
Skills & Competencies
- Energetic individual with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical, issue identification and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to effectively prioritize workflow;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work individually and within a team;
- Experience to communicate and educate financial concepts to those without financial literacy;
- Supervisory experience is considered an asset;
- An eye for detail and are known for your meticulous and organized work;
- Have a love for value creation;
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Property Accountant”.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Mayfield Management Group Ltd however, please note, only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.